[Slackbuilds-users] Renaming package

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:12:13 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-16, Mikko Varri <vmj at linuxbox.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is it OK to rename a package for consistency?
>
> I'm thinking of renaming X11-haskell to haskell-X11, similar to rest
> of the haskell libraries (or, in fact, similar to rest of the language
> binding type of packages).

Hi,

I only now realised there was another Haskell library in SBo :)

Anyway, I made my scripts install into the default locations, producing
/usr/$lib/$pkg/$ghc.  X11-haskell produces /usr/$lib/$ghc/$pkg/$ghc
(double $ghc).

Perhaps we should standardise on /usr/$lib/$ghc/$pkg ?  My only concern
is that the defaults might have been chosen for a reason; otherwise this
line works:

    runhaskell Setup.lhs configure \
       --prefix=/usr \
       --libdir=/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX \
       --libsubdir=ghc-$GHC_VERSION/$SRCNAM-$VERSION \
       --docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION

I won't update my scripts just for this change, though, as it makes no
functional difference.

Peter