[Slackbuilds-users] haskell libdir (WAS: Renaming package)

Mikko Varri vmj at linuxbox.fi
Wed Dec 16 16:09:58 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 01:12:13AM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:

> I made my scripts install into the default locations, producing
> /usr/$lib/$pkg/$ghc.  X11-haskell produces /usr/$lib/$ghc/$pkg/$ghc
> (double $ghc).

Yes.  I was thinking it would make sense to "hide" haskell libs under
the GHC libdir, similarly to python and perl site packages.  Although,
I didn't go as far as creating a "site" subdir.

The double $ghc issue (and a solution) was pointed to me earlier too
by paul, I just forgot to change it in the last update.  I will make sure
it is fixed in the next update.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 01:12:13AM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:

> Perhaps we should standardise on /usr/$lib/$ghc/$pkg ?  My only concern
> is that the defaults might have been chosen for a reason;

I agree.  This far the non-default directory has not created any
issues, as far as I know.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 01:12:13AM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:

> I won't update my scripts just for this change, though, as it makes no
> functional difference.

There's also another reason to postpone the update a bit.  GHC 6.12.1
was just released a couple of days ago, and there's been some library
changes.  E.g. utf8-string seems to be part of GHC now, and a lot of
other libs have been moved out of it.  I've been playing around with
this release yesterday and today.

BR,
Mikko Värri