[Slackbuilds-users] dvdrip and transcode

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:43:33 UTC 2009

Howdy,
An FYI for those using transcode and dvd::rip.  I had switched to the
official SBo transcode slackbuild and then suddenly couldn't figure
out why dvd::rip could rip but NOT transcode ANY vob files, as it
worked fine under my SLAMD64 12.2 set up. Then it hit me:  the SBO
version (I used my own for SLAMD64) did not include the following
configure switches for compiling:
  --enable-libmpeg2 \
  --enable-libmpeg2convert \

Since dvd::rip needs transcode, it might be a good idea to add these
to the transcode slackbuild.  It will help the more memory challenged
among us, not to mention those "D'Oh!" moments.  Heck.it a good thing
I still can read a bit of German, since that's where I stumbled on the
reference.

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0