[Slackbuilds-users] Latest aircrack-ng version

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Jul 1 15:52:02 UTC 2009

* Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> [2009-07-01 11:31:39]:

> I just built latest aircrack-ng 1.0-rc3 and I do not see where it
> includes aircrack-ptw and I don't see it mentioned in the 1.0-rc3
> ChangeLog [1] (although maybe I'm not looking for the right thing).  It
> seems aircrack-ptw installs some different binaries.  Can you provide
> some clarification/information about this?
>
> [1] http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=changelog

Responding to my own email ... I was informed in IRC that the
functionality of aircrack-ptw was added to aircrack-ng awhile back -- at
aircrack 0.9.  If that's the case, then it seems this issue would have
been present for prior releases of aircrack-ng.  IOW, this is not an
aircrack 1.0-rc3 specific issue and perhaps aircrack-ptw should have
been removed long ago.

Or are you talking about something else entirely? :-)

--
Chess Griffin