[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg alpha and slackware current

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:59:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:57 AM, stormtracknole <stormtracknole at gmail.com>wrote:

> List,
>
> After many years, I finally made the switch to Slackware Current.  I enjoy
> the stability of Slackware itself, but I do enjoy tweaking stuff.  So, of to
> Current I go.  So, my question now is, is there a way to test the latest
> sbopkg (alpha) with Slackware current?

Sbopkg itself works just fine in -current. However I must point out that the
latest sbopkg release is the beta:

Package:
http://sbopkg.googlecode.com/files/sbopkg-0.30.0beta-noarch-1_cng.tgz
Source:
http://sbopkg.googlecode.com/files/sbopkg-0.30.0beta.tar.gz

Since that release there has been a bugfix (see r685) + some minor
improvements, so you may want to use the latest SVN version instead.

Or can I build slackbuild packages with version 12.2?

I assume you're on 32 bit.
Most (but not all) SBo scripts work just fine on -current, so you can use
the 12.2 repository. Watch out for SBo packages that made their way to
-current, though (qt4, swig and subversion-bindings come to my mind, but
there are many others).

> Not sure if I asked this in the correct list.  Not sure if this will fall
> under slackbuilds development or sbopkg.  Thanks ahead of time!

You're welcome!

--
Mauro Giachero