[Slackbuilds-users] faac : MP4 support unavailable

andrew andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 23:28:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 02:17:54PM +0100, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> For faac to pick up support for mp4v2, you need to use internal libmp4v2 AND remove the
> separate libmp4v2 from the system. It will only use the internal one if it doesn't find
> an external and it won't link to the external (although it finds it.). Using the internal
> libmp4v2 the library will be built as a static lib and does not appear in the final
> package.  That is my experience from testing faac. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that Heinz. I had read some of this information in the
slackbuilds script itself which I note mentions your input. I did not
appreciate that faac would find the external libmp4v2 on the system
but not actually use it. Odd.

Anyway I have built faac successfully using the internal library and
my goal of using tagging with aac files in the abcde script is almost
there.

Thanks,

Andrew

--
Do you think that's air you're breathing?