[Slackbuilds-users] Wish for acroread (version 8.1.3)

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Sun Mar 22 22:17:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

trying to add Japanese fonts (Adobe file FontPack81_jpn_i486-linux.tar.gz) to Adobe Reader I couldnt install it at first

The INSTALL script included in the archive look for the directory /opt/Adobe/Reader8/Reader but the SlackBuild for acroread writes  /opt/acroread/Reader8/Reader instead.

Would it be possible either to change /opt/acroread to /opt/Adobe or at least to symlink acroread to Adobe in /opt ?

I did the latter and could complete the installation.

I didn't try to install the other language packs but I guess that the same issue arise for it.

Best regards,

Didier

PS I do not append the full archive, it's to heavy (> 8 mega bytes).