[Slackbuilds-users] feh scrot & giblib sources

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at xsmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:53:04 UTC 2009

Hi,
i asked about this in #slackbuilds earlier too but noone from the team
was available at the moment, so i will ask here too so that i don't
forget about this.
Tom Gilbert who was the developer of feh, scrot & giblib sources is not
maintaing the applications any more.
In his blog http://linuxbrit.co.uk/ you can read the following:
"Sorry, but for those of you who used to follow my blog for the open
source software I wrote – you won’t see too much of that. I just don’t
do it so much any more – my life is full of work (where I still have a
technical job but don’t write code any more) and hobbies where I more
and more find myself outside and away from computers. Want to fork one
of my old projects? Ping me for the source code"
So the sources for all three applications are unavailable, and there is
no homepage for them. How should that be dealt with? I've noticed some
sources are uploaded to slackbuilds.org, if i am not mistaking. Is that
appropriate in this situation as well? They could also be hosted some
place outside SBo as well like googlecode or something similar.
Additionally there is the homepage issue. I guess the projects freshmeat
pages could be used there. They seem to be all submitted by their
author http://freshmeat.net/users/gilbertt until someone else picks em
up in the future.

--
Greg