[Slackbuilds-users] Supplementary manpages

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Fri Jul 16 12:17:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 16:34:34 +0100, Pierre Cazenave wrote:
> I've written a SlackBuild for OCROpus which builds fine given a
> couple of Debian patches. When I was getting those patches, I
> noticed Debian have created a manpage for OCROpus as there isn't one
> included by default.
>
> Would including this in the SlackBuild submission as a separate file
> be OK? Would it be treated like a patch (i.e. incorporated in the
> submitted build) or should I link to it as another download? Or,
> should I just omit it altogether and leave the package as upstream
> released it: manpageless?

Running find . -type f -name '*.[1-9]' on my local git clone of SBo
shows quite a few SlackBuilds which have man pages as the separate files
added.  So, yes, it's a good idea to provide a man page.  One example
might be unrar; I suggest checking it and doing the same for OCROpus.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas