[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with nvidia-driver/nvidia-kernel

Andrew Daniel adaniel19952010 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:36:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

After I build and install both the nvidia-driver and nvidia-kernel
SlackBuild packages, I try to startx with the module and all I get is this
error "Error inserting nvidia
(/lib/modules/2.6.37.6/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko): No such device." My
xorg.conf is setup correctly. Rebooting does not work either. I have also
tried manually loading the module using modprobe, but I get the same error.
I have found no way of making the SlackBuild work. Installing the latest
Nvidia driver from the official Nvidia website without using the SlackBuild
works however. I am using Slackware64 13.37 and used the correct SlackBuilds
for this release.