[Slackbuilds-users] tangogps slackbuild doesn't work

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:16:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Pedro Mendes <pedro at gepasi.org> wrote:

> Too bad, I had already submitted. I think I can pull it out and will
> wait for further information from you. We can add a patch to the
> slackbuild, this is done in other packages when it cannot be avoided.

Hi --

Sorry it has taken me awhile to get back. We had a family emergency that
took me away for a couple of days.

I have not tested tangogps with the changes I installed as thoroughly as I
would have liked, but the testing I did resulted in no segfaults, which were
pretty easy to provoke before I installed the changes below.

I have reached the point where I've had enough problems with slackbuilds and
I'm tired of the pain of slackware package management (or lack thereof) that
I'm giving debian a try (I found that I could install it without a desktop
environment, exactly what I wanted; I just run dwm) and I have to do it on
the netbook for various reasons. So I no longer have slackware installed on
that machine, so I won't be able to do further testing in a car. But I think
it's safe to install the changes below.

Here are the diffs:

diff src/tile_management.c
/home/dca/Software/tangogps-0.99.4/src/tile_management.c
249a250
>               curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1);
diff src/util.c /home/dca/Software/tangogps-0.99.4/src/util.c
111a112
>       curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1);
168a170
>       curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1);

The left-hand files (in src/) as the originals; the right-hand files are the
ones I modified, adding the calls to curl_easy_setopt.

I hope this helps.

/Don