[Slackbuilds-users] nonstandard build scripts

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:33:20 UTC 2011

So I've written a script called "drumkit2pkg" that turns a Hydrogen
drumkit into a Slackware package...

I've also written a slackbuild for a package called hydrogen-drumkits,
that includes all the add-on kits available from the Hydrogen site. This
slackbuild pretty much consists of one line (that runs drumkit2pkg). It
doesn't look anything like a normal SBo script. The result is a noarch
package with all the files in /usr/share/hydrogen (and /usr/doc).

The only actual information contained in the build is in the DOWNLOAD=
line in the .info file (about 20 URLs there). Someone who's just installed
Hydrogen for the first time will probably do what I did: grab every
drumkit they can find, to hear which ones sound good. Having a package
in SBo would be convenient for them.

Can I submit a script like that (with its own copy of drumkit2pkg
included, since it's pretty small), or do I have to rewrite the thing
using the SBo template?

Whatever else I do, I *don't* want to break it up into 20-odd packages
with one drumkit each. Probably nobody else wants that either...