[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild - Auditd - #2

Donald R Laster Jr laster at dlaster.com
Thu Dec 20 01:43:24 UTC 2012

Matteo, Users,

   If I manage to keep on track I hope to send an update before the start of new year.  I am trying to get a fully functioning audit rules file done and putting some additional documentation together for the package.  I have been having to do a lot of research to understand the rule file data and its format.

    Don

Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> Don, just submit the new auditd slackbuild with the new maintainer
> information, no other steps should be needed.
>

> 2012/12/18 R. Andrew Bailey <bailey at akamai.com
> <mailto:bailey at akamai.com>>
>

> Hi All,
>
> Don Laster has offered to take over maintenance of the auditd
> slackbuild and I accepted the offer- if you guys can adjust the
> ownership record, I think he's ready to make an update immediately.
>
> Thanks! .andy
>
> On 17/12/12 21:28 -0500, Donald R Laster Jr wrote:
>
> Andrew,
>
> I setup an email account for the auditd package as
> drljr_auditd at dlaster.com <mailto:drljr_auditd at dlaster.com> for when
> the Slackbuild.org support is transfered.
>
> Don
>
> Andrew,
>
> I finally managed to actually start looking at the audit code and
> found the sample rule files.
>
> And, in case I was not clear I will take over the audit package.  I
> am actively using Slackware for a software repository project that
> requires auditing.  I needed to insure I could take responsibility
> for it.  I am also using Virtual Machines as well so I am having to
> learn a number of new software packages for the customer.
>
> Don

> Archives -
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/__pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/> FAQ -