[Slackbuilds-users] Avidemux

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Feb 12 17:30:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 07:34:01 +0500
Ozan Türkyılmaz <ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/1/13 Niklas Nille Åkerström <nille.kungen at gmail.com>:
> > I updated avidemux to version 2.5.6 but i got one thing that i like
> > your opinion about.
> > The build makes 2 desktop files Qt and gtk  should i leave it like
> > this? Or should only the Qt one be used in KDE and gtk elsewhere?
> > This would be done with the options OnlyShownIn=KDE; and
> > NotShowIn=KDE; in the desktop files.
>
> I support this as both GUIs are pretty much same expect the library
> they use.

Not too terribly long ago, I would have supported this, but I'm not
so sure now.  See, there's recently a non-KDE-but-built-on-QT DE
out there called razorqt, and I think those users would prefer to
use the Qt-linked avidemux.  I know the desktop files can take
multiple values to the OnlyShowIn and/or NotShowIn variables, but
razorqt doesn't seem "registered" (whatever that means).  It's
probably a simple-ish fix, but my give-a-damn just hit empty. :)

All that said, it's ultimately your call.

-RW