[Slackbuilds-users] ESR Firefox & Thunderbird on SBo.org?

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Nov 28 07:05:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

Yesterday I've started a poll on LQ.org about including ESR versions of
Firefox and Thunderbird in Slackware. Someone suggested to contact
SBo.org for eventual SlackBuilds for these two. I know it's SBo's policy
not to include scripts that replace official Slackware packages. Maybe
these two can figure as an exception? According to the poll, these two
packages would be quite popular.

If there's a chance to include these in SBo.org, one addition that would
be really helpful would be corresponding localization packages.

A few remarks.

1) Eating my own dog food here, been using ESR versions since 13.37.
Here are the SlackBuilds :

http://www.microlinux.fr/slackware/14.0/source/

Take a peek at the mozilla-* directories

2) I know these scripts are not conforming to SBo's standards (no .info
file, downloading is automatic, ...) but that could eventually be done.

3) So far I've installed ESR versions on a few dozen client desktops,
and they work very nicely.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat