[Slackbuilds-users] RFC: changing .SlackBuild to allow separate source tree

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 03:20:23 UTC 2013

On 8/6/13, slackbuilds at jq.oc9.com <slackbuilds at jq.oc9.com> wrote:
> What about the md5 sums ? I noticed that I do not need to update them so
> what kind of install/build script uses them?

sbopkg uses them, so does sbotools. People manually running SlackBuild
scripts should use them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who
wrote my own slackbuild automater script that uses them...

As it stands now, the .SlackBuild scripts themselves don't check the
md5sums. If we're voting, I vote to keep it that way.