[Slackbuilds-users] SLiM 1.3.5 problem

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 00:39:35 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Thomas Løcke <thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> When using SLiM 1.3.5 on my Slackware64 14.0 systems, the "numlock on"
> configuration setting doesn't work.
>
> I've tried this on three different 14.0 machines, and the same thing
> happens on all three: "numlock on" doesn't do anything.
>
> Reverting to SLiM 1.3.2 fixes this, and "numlock on" once again turn Num
> Lock ON.
>
> I've no idea if this problem is specific to my setup[1], if it's a bug in
> 1.3.5 itself, or if it is due to changes in the slackbuild script. I just
> thought I'd let you know.
>
> :o)
> Thomas Løcke
>
> [1] Full Slackware64 14.0 install on all three machines, kernel 3.4.43,
> SLiM as login manager, xmonad as WM. Nothing else added or removed.

Hi,

numlock handling has changed in slim since version 1.3.4.
They included the code fom NumLockX in slim, using the xkb calls.

On my netbook it works fine, but it has a non-standard keyboard.
On my other systems I don't use any login manager at all, so I cannot
really check it.

If this continues to be a problem for you, you might want to contact the
slim author(s), the are usually helpful and responsive.
If nothing else works out, I might try this out on a desktop, but I'm with
very limited spare time nowadays, so it may take a while...

--
Niels Horn