[Slackbuilds-users] Some questions

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Jul 8 06:47:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 01:26:57 -0700
lipkab <lipkab at zoho.com> wrote:

> I've wrote a few SlackBuilds and would be interested to submit them
> to SBo. I have some questions though: One of my scripts uses third
> party patches. How should I include those? Where should I indicate
> their source and put their legal notice? Second, would the Steam
> client be allowed on your site?

Sorry for the delay - no idea if this got a reply or not, but I'm
not seeing one in my mail client, so here goes...

If you have a download url for the patches, put them in the .info
file and you don't have to worry about legal notices, licenses,
etcetera - that will be a concern of the the individual who
downloads them.

Re Steam client, assuming you have a stable download location
and it's something that we can test (the build/packaging process)
without registering or some crap like that, sure.

-RW