[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-driver.info missing 64bit file info

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 19:31:58 UTC 2013

Hi Robby,

Well looking through the repository, the nvidia-driver  (and
avr8-gnu-toolchain, but that's only for the pdf manual) packages are the
only ones with files in common. So asking to download both version seems
rather a waste of bandwitdh

Moreover, for some packages (ucsc-blat, p4, p4v ), the source file name is
the same for 32 and 64 bit version but are downloaded from different
locations and have different checksum. in these case, wget with append .1
to the second one and therefore making the slackbuild use the 32bit version
instead.(unless  sbopkg instruct wget to overwrites the previous version
which again would be a waste of bandwidth)

just my 2p worth though.

Cheers

Greg