[Slackbuilds-users] submit fail

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 22:20:05 UTC 2014

On 2/14/14, Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:

> It never tells me why, it just gives me that generic error.

It turned out to be because I left a 500Kbyte .jpg file in the tarball
(it's one of the source files listed in the .info, I forgot to rm it
because it didn't fit my mental 'this is a source file' pattern, being
a jpeg).

Still not sure whether it was a simple "file too big", or if the server's
smart enough to parse the .info file, look at the filenames of the
downloads, and if they're in the tarball, rejects it...

Either way, it would help immensely if the server would actually give
a reason instead of a generic 'there was a problem' that just leaves us
scratching our heads.