[Slackbuilds-users] libs in /usr/local/lib

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Sun Mar 9 12:36:29 UTC 2014

Using slackbuild dsniff (as an example), I find that slackbuild fails on
./configure as it thinks libnet is not installed.

Now, not to confuse things, this is on my AMD64 running Slack 12.1 (no
multilib) and I often build/install 'lesser used libs' into
/usr/local/lib and run/update ldconfig on installation.

I can configure dsniff by hand fine, all libs are found - but using the
slack script, it doesn't find them...

Why is this?  I am at a loss.

Nick
--
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation."
FSF Associate Member 5508