[Slackbuilds-users] lablgtk SlackBuilds install overwrites ocaml ld.conf

Markus Hutmacher mailing at markhu.de
Wed Oct 22 20:06:19 UTC 2014

Am 22.10.2014 20:45, schrieb Jason Graham:
> Hi Matteo, thanks very much for preparing the patch.
>
> I should also note/clarify that preserving the original ocaml ld.conf file
> fixes the dllunix.so error when building unison. There is still a gtk2
> error during the unison build, but this is addressed in a previous posting:
>

> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2014-October/013017.html
>
> Regards,
> Jason
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Matteo Bernardini <
> matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When building and installing lablgtk (2.18.0) I've found that the ocaml
>>> ld.conf file located in:
>>>
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml/ld.conf
>>>
>>> is overwritten, thus removing critical library paths. I encountered this
>>> problem when trying to build and install unison (2.40.63) which has the
>>> following set of SlackBuild dependencies:
>>>
>>>     ocaml (4.01.0)
>>>     ocaml-findlib (1.4.1)
>>>     lablgtk (2.18.0)
>>>
>>> During the unison build the following error is encountered:
>>>
>>>     Error: Error on dynamically loaded library: dllunix.so: dllunix.so:
>>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> where dllunix.so is located in /usr/lib64/ocaml/stublibs. Prior to the
>>> lablgtk installation the ocaml ld.conf file contained the following
>> paths:
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml/stublibs
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml/site-lib/stublibs
>>>
>>> Once lablgtk is installed, ld.conf then erroneously contains only:
>>>
>>>     /tmp/SBo/package-lablgtk/usr/lib64/ocaml/site-lib/lablgtk2
>>>
>>> Manually restoring the library paths to:
>>>
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml/stublibs
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml/site-lib/stublibs
>>>     /usr/lib64/ocaml/site-lib/lablgtk2
>>>
>>> resolves the unison build.
>>>
>>> The required fix to the lablgtk SlackBuild would seem be to append
>>> /usr/lib64/ocaml/site-lib/lablgtk2 to the pre-existing ocaml ld.conf
>> file. I
>>> believe the issue may be with the install portion of the
>> ocaml-4.01.0.tar.xz
>>> package, so not sure if would be a SlackBuild configuration issue or an
>>> upstream problem.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts, suggestions, or fixes?
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> I tried to prepare a patch for lablgtk (that also updates it to
>> 2.18.2, http://lablgtk.forge.ocamlcore.org/changes2.txt): I forward
>> everything to the maintainer of ocaml and lablgtk for revision.
>>
>> Matteo

Hi,

I couldn't as yet find out why several Ocaml-related packages did not
build correctly with the latest version(s) of ocaml. I did not recognize
the ld.conf issue.

Thanks for pointing that out. And thanks to Matteo for the patch. I hope
this fixes also the issues I experienced when trying to upgrade the
Ocaml-Slackbuild to the latest version.

Markus

--

Markus Hutmacher