[Slackbuilds-users] HandBrake GUI (ghb) memory access error

enigma enigma77 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 9 07:34:34 UTC 2014

Hello Guys

Since a week there were problems with the GUI ghb.
Every time when I click the button "Choose Video Source", and then in the following Window
chose a Video-File with a click on "ok", ghb ends with the message
"Speicherzugriffsfehler" (in english: memory access error).

The error occurs with different video-formats (once it was a mp4, then a wmv and also it happens with mpg).
ghb may have problems when View the Video Preview?!

I have already tried to solve the problem by reinstalling HandBrake.
As it still does not work, first i delete the folders   ~/.config/ghb  and  /tmp/hb.*  before i again build and reinstall
the Handbrake.Slackbuild. All without success.

Perhaps everyone are aware of the problem and have a solution for me, because I do not think it's a problem with the SlackBuild.
I think it's a problem with the interplay of the individual components/libraries, since its also with  Alienbobs package  handbrake-0.9.9-x86_64-1alien.txz

For my bad English, I apologize

Many thanks.