[Slackbuilds-users] Slackware package linter

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 26 00:28:57 UTC 2014

One observation -- some checks are easier, and much quicker, using awk
to read a verbose tar listing of the package instead of extracting a
full exploded package tree in the filestore. Very few checks will need
to examine file contents (just slack-desc really). Are there reasons
I've missed for working primarily on the package tree instead of a
listing?

Alternatively, should we be working towards adding a --lint control
argument to makepkg (God [citation needed] willing), since the package
tree is available for free at that time? It would certainly improve
the SBo maintainers' QA if 'makepkg --lint' was in the template :-)

Just thinking out loud, really.  If the aim is to stick to what
rpmlint does, I'll shut up and just send code :D

-D.