[Slackbuilds-users] Patches in `$PKG/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION/`?

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 06:02:53 UTC 2015

On 8/11/15, Didier Spaier <didier at slint.fr> wrote:
> In this case the Debian packaging tarball that
> includes the patches is:
> http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/arj/arj_3.10.22-14.debian.tar.xz
> IMHO including the patches in the SBo tarball,
> as done for arj, has the inconvennience that
> we don't know from which Debian packaging tarball
> (for sid, sqeeze, wheezy,stretch...  ?) they come
> from. I didn't check but maybe the patches differ.

They don't. If they did, they'd have a different patchlevel (the -14).

I included the patches in the slackbuild tarball in the possible but
unlikely event that debian.org disappears someday.

As far as including patches in /usr/doc... if we're going to do that,
we should be including everything from the slackbuild tarball. README,
extra docs, .info file, etc.