[Slackbuilds-users] Patches in `$PKG/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION/`?

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Tue Aug 11 14:53:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 02:02:53 -0400
B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/11/15, Didier Spaier <didier at slint.fr> wrote:
> > In this case the Debian packaging tarball that
> > includes the patches is:
> > http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/arj/arj_3.10.22-14.debian.tar.xz
> > IMHO including the patches in the SBo tarball,
> > as done for arj, has the inconvennience that
> > we don't know from which Debian packaging tarball
> > (for sid, sqeeze, wheezy,stretch...  ?) they come
> > from. I didn't check but maybe the patches differ.
>
> They don't. If they did, they'd have a different patchlevel (the -14).
>
> I included the patches in the slackbuild tarball in the possible but
> unlikely event that debian.org disappears someday.

I'm a bit divided on this, though I really do feel patches used (unaltered)
from someplace like debian or fedora should just be linked in the .info
file as a standard download. There's no real chance of them going away, but
in that event the filename/md5sum from the .info file can be used to search
for a mirror. There's no shortage of mirrors.

--
Erik Hanson