[Slackbuilds-users] GDM vs. ConsoleKit in -current

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Dec 9 14:12:56 UTC 2015

Le 09/12/2015 14:41, Matteo Bernardini a écrit :
> /usr/sbin/lxdm is a shell script that uses by default some parameters
> fit for other distributions.
>
> I will substitute it with what is in the following block (this will go
> also in our repository):
>
> - - - - - - -
> #!/bin/sh
> . /etc/profile.d/lang.sh
> export LANG
> exec /usr/sbin/lxdm-binary $*
> - - - - - - -
>
> please check if this works for you.

Matteo, you're a star! This works!

And upon verification, it looks like the script was written either for
Fedora, Red Hat or SUSE, what with the /etc/sysconfig stuff.

There's a significant advantage to LXDM, a bug that's actually a
feature. The annoying "Switch User" option is now greyed out in Xfce's
logout dialog. This has always been a resource hog especially at our
local school, with 80+ users leaving their session suspended.

I have a couple of questions on fine-tuning LXDM's appearance.

1. Just right beneath the big white "Login" word, the "User" and
"Password" prompts display in black. Is there a way to change the color,
because the black on blue is not very nice. I plan on defining a
different default background, so being able to change that prompt's
color would be nice.

2. I switched off the language selector in the bottom panel, so the only
options I have left are a) the desktop selector in the bottom left
corner, with two options: Xfce vs. Default (Xfce), and b) the
Shutdown/Reboot button. I don't really need the desktop selector, but
the only way of getting rid of it seems to be to set bottom_pane=0 in
/etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf. Unfortunately, this also wipes away the
Shutdown/Reboot button. Any idea how this could eventually be fixed?

Cheers & thanks very much for your help.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info at microlinux.fr