[Slackbuilds-users] GDM vs. ConsoleKit in -current

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:26:19 UTC 2015

> I have a couple of questions on fine-tuning LXDM's appearance.
>
> 1. Just right beneath the big white "Login" word, the "User" and
> "Password" prompts display in black. Is there a way to change the color,
> because the black on blue is not very nice. I plan on defining a
> different default background, so being able to change that prompt's
> color would be nice.
>
> 2. I switched off the language selector in the bottom panel, so the only
> options I have left are a) the desktop selector in the bottom left
> corner, with two options: Xfce vs. Default (Xfce), and b) the
> Shutdown/Reboot button. I don't really need the desktop selector, but
> the only way of getting rid of it seems to be to set bottom_pane=0 in
> /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf. Unfortunately, this also wipes away the
> Shutdown/Reboot button. Any idea how this could eventually be fixed?

I've never done it but I guess the best way is to define a custom
theme: copy the folder /usr/share/lxdm/themes/Industrial to
/usr/share/lxdm/themes/Microlinux, set is as the default theme in
/etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf (where you can specify a different background
image) and then edit /usr/share/lxdm/themes/Microlinux/gtkrc and
/usr/share/lxdm/themes/Microlinux/greeter.ui as you prefer.

I suppose (but I haven't tried that too) that cutting away the 40
lines of the <child> section with id="sessions_box" from greeter.ui
should hide it.

Matteo