[Slackbuilds-users] Support for Python 3 in python-pillow?

Philip Lacroix slackph at posteo.de
Tue Dec 15 16:48:29 UTC 2015

Hi all

I've built a test python3-pillow with support for both Python versions,
where Python 2 is built *after* Phyton 3.

There is no difference in the resulting content of /usr/bin with respect
to python-pillow (and the shabang in all files is the default
#!/usr/bin/python). The only difference is the additional
/usr/lib{$LIBDIRSUFFIX}/python3.x directory. This shouldn't cause
anything to break if python-pillow is replaced with python3-pillow, and
the software I'm packaging (which would have python3-pillow as a
requirement) is happy with this.

If you guys have nothing against it, I'll submit a new python3-pillow
SlackBuild according to the above points.

Philip