[Slackbuilds-users] eyeD3 requires...

andrew andrew.david.strong at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:55:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 01:57:45PM -0800, Larry Hajali wrote:

> The gentoo folks seem to apply this to their eyed3.ebuild so that
> optional dependency python-magic is not automatically downloaded and
> installed.
>
> sed -i -e '/scripts/d' -e '/install_requires/d' pavement.py
>
> Ref:
> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-python/eyeD3/
> eyeD3-0.7.5.ebuild?revision=1.2&view=markup
>
> --Larry

Thanks for this Larry. My own thought is that the script at the moment
is most useful as Willy has set it. A future update may indeed remove
the dependency with python-magic, I have contacted Travis (the
developer of eyeD3) about the actual usage that eyeD3 makes of
python-magic and the full implications of its removal.

Thanks for looking at this,

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?