[Slackbuilds-users] rdiff-backup needing patch for python >= 2.6?

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Tue Oct 4 21:23:01 UTC 2016

El Martes 04/10/2016, titopoquito escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to send a mail to Paul Wisehart, who is listed as maintainer for
> the rdiff-backup SlackBuild, but unfortunately the email address is dead.
>
> Today I stumbled upon rdiff-backup and doing some further research I
> found a post* on the rdiff-backup mailing-list that indicates that a
> patch for python versions newer than 2.4 might be needed for it**.
>
> Is anyone actually using rdiff-backup and does it still work as expected
> for you?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tito

I've been using it for ages, previously on Kubuntu (up to 12.04), then
Slackware (14.1 and now 14.2) with no issues at all.

Actually, the website says:

"Note: rdiff-backup-statistics requires Python v2.4 or later"

So my guess is that mailing list post has old information.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Usuario Linux Nº 250625: http://counter.li.org/