[Slackbuilds-users] BUG: sayonara-player 0.9.2 segfaults; complex, untested workaround

Fellype do Nascimento fellype at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:04:16 UTC 2016

> Sayonara player 0.9.2 compiles OK but segfaults upon running.
>
> I got exactly the same output as this forum thread at upstream's
> website:
>
> https://sayonara-player.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=277
>
> Apparently, this is what happens: sayonara requires gst-plugins-bad,
> *but now* gst-plugins-bad must be compiled with soundtouch support
> (which is also on SBO).
>
> Doing this would enable the software to run.

It is right. gst-plugins-bad must be compiled with soundtouch support in
order to enable sayonara-player to run properly. I've recompiled
gst-plugins-bad after install soundtouch and sayonara-player runs fine now.
But soundtouch is currently assigned as an optional dependency for
gst-plugins-bad.
Is it possible to assign soundtouch as a required dep of gst-plugins-bad?

Regards,

Fellype