[Slackbuilds-users] keepassx update?

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:21:55 UTC 2016

> Which one is the latest stable version available? 2.0.3 or 0.4.4? I dont see
> any indication that 0.4.4 is beta I believe they are not compatible and it
> is based on Qt 5.
>
> Is there any way you could update to latest stable version?
>
> thank you.

Hi Fernando,

as you can see on their site, 2.0.3 is the last version, released just
two days ago, with the previous one being 2.0.2 (what we have on SBo).

https://www.keepassx.org/releases/?C=M;O=A

https://www.keepassx.org/news

still on their site you can read that they moved to the stable version
version 2.0.x, that ATM uses qt4, after many years.

https://www.keepassx.org/news/2015/12/533 (it's available also in the
news page linked above)

note that 2.0.x versions, use version 2 of the database to store
credentials: be aware that converting a database that you were using
with version 0.4.4 is a one-way operation (you can't convert it back).

FYI, I tested here a simple version bump in the SlackBuild to 2.0.3
and it seems all is well.

Matteo