[Slackbuilds-users] Cron file included with clamav-unofficial-sigs seems broken/incompatible with Slackware

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 10:17:38 UTC 2016

On 19/10/16 10:59, Franzen wrote:
> On 19.10.2016 11:42, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
>> The clamav-unofficial-sigs.cron crond crontab file included with
>> clamav-unofficial-sigs seems to be incompatible with the version of Cron
>> used on Slackware. It uses the extra field for the username (clamav)
>> which seems to break things on Slackware. I've just noticed this on
>> several clamav installs which were months out of date, as the cron file
>> never worked. Also, I'm not sure the "/bin/bash" bit on the crontab line
>> is needed - as it works fine for me without it.
>
> /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh has to be excuted as user clamav, i
> suggest to don't use the cron-script from upstream, but put the
> following in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/clamav:
> 12 * * * * /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh

I can't really make sense of what is going on here - because the
clamav-unofficial-sigs.cron file is included in the
clamav-unofficial-sigs.tar.gz - but looking at its contents, it should
be part of the sources, as it comes from upstream. Same with the
logrotate and the man files. Why are they included in the SBo scripts
archive?