[Slackbuilds-users] qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir

Thomas Szteliga ts at websafe.pl
Wed Oct 19 23:46:34 UTC 2016

On 10/20/2016 01:23 AM, King Beowulf wrote:
> Usbredir is not a "hard" dependency that prevents qemu from compiling.
> Rather, it is an optional dependency to add functionality.  This is
> mentioned in the README.

I'm aware, but without usbredir virt-manager becomes kind
of unusable. I remember on 14.1 usbredir was optional because
the official libusb was too old, but since 14.2 that's not
the case anymore...

And in the current state the same slackbuild script will create
two different binaries depending on the installed packages.

And we're not able to build QEMU without usbredir support
on a system with usbredir installed (no slackbuild switches /
automatically enabled if found)...

Maybe the *.nfo files should be extended by listing optional
dependencies, so we could handle these an automated way?

Another subject are dependencies required only during build-time
vss dependencies required at runtime.

I'm just thinking out loud ;-)

--
Thomas Szteliga