[Slackbuilds-users] qt5.Slackbuild segmenation error

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 17:40:00 UTC 2016

On 10/20/16, Chris Abela <kristofru at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have new and default x86_64 Slackware 14.2 installation. qt5 does not
> build. The last 50 lines of my build logs may be found here:

> internal compiler error: Illegal instruction

Is that repeatable? Does it always fail in the same place with the same
error message?

If not, it's probably heat-related. Clean vents, make sure fan's running,
check CPU temperature while the compile's going. Try running 'watch
sensors' in another terminal while qt5 is building.

qt5 is a beast. Trying to compile massive projects like qt5 can expose
cooling problems that might not be noticeable in normal use...

...if it turns out to be repeatable, always fails with 'illegal
instruction' trying to build .obj/moc_qquicktexthandle.o, then it's likely
an issue with gcc itself, but possibly one that can be worked around by
messing with the SLKCFLAGS or patching the source a little. googling for
the exact error message might result in some useful info (if it happened
to you, odds are it's happened to someone else).