[Slackbuilds-users] qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sun Oct 23 01:38:03 UTC 2016

> I just wanted to talk about an ~OPTIONAL tag in *.nfo
> for better organized optional dependencies than checking
> each time the README. I'm not trying to force anyone,
> just wanted to discuss this.
>
> Something like CONFLICTS in *.nfo could be a good thing
> too, or not?
>
> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/postfix/
> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/exim/
> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/opensmtpd/
>
> CONFLICTS: sendmail

That's the purpose of README (it should be read)
While some package may have small number of optional deps, others may
have more than a dozen and the maintainer may or may not be able to
detect all of it.

automatic tools are there to help us building the job automatically, but
if it requires special attention, it's up to us (users) to do the job
done :)

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo