[Slackbuilds-users] Openshot

bch at shroggslodge.freeserve.co.uk bch at shroggslodge.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Oct 23 08:56:56 UTC 2016

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the responses.

Flowblade looks interesting.....it's got a new release out at 1.8; 1.6 on
SBo and I wonder if dependencies have changed for that update too - will
have a more detailed look.

On SBo it makes reference to requiring gnome* dependencies (gnome-python
then requiring libgnome etc... and some Corba stuff), yet when I tried a
quick build and then ran it - all seemed to work fine other than a lot of
MLT service ladspa.nnnn errors.   I didn't install gnome-python dependency,
but it seems to work ok so I wonder what all that is for.

*I don't specifically have KDE or Gnome environment on my machine so wary
about deps... on gnome stuff especially. Dont know why!

Can any one enlighten as to why the gnome deps are required ... are they
really necessary ?

re: Cinelerra -  i've not looked at that one previously as Openshot (and
previously Kdenline before I stopped using kde) has been my goto.

@Matteo - yes I can understand why you dont want to go to the trouble with
having to update everything....even I can appreciate what a task can unfold
:-)     Shame though as Openshot (though was buggy at times) was easy to
use.

Thanks again everyone.
Habs