[Slackbuilds-users] biber checksum error it texlive

Eugen Wissner belka at caraus.de
Sun Oct 23 20:13:50 UTC 2016

Just for info. I installed texlive a few days ago and biber didn't work
 because of biber/biblatex version mismatch. Something like (similar, I
don't have the exact error now):

Error: Found biblatex control file version 3.4, expected version 3.5.
        This means that your biber (2.6) and biblatex () versions are
incompatible.
        See compat matrix in biblatex or biber PDF documentation.

I had to download biber from http://slackware.schoepfer.info/slackbuild
s/texlive/2016/texlive/

So mirror.ctan.org's tarball was updated and the currently available
build from slackbuilds.org is broken because of it.

Eugene