[Slackbuilds-users] Is building packages using fakeroot safe?

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Sun Oct 30 11:02:30 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-30 11:08, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask you, if building packages within fakeroot is safe?

I did build with fakeroot a few years long, and had some minor issues,
maybe this thread(and links in that thread) is a little bit helpful.
Currently i build my personal packages as unprivileged user, with a
patched makepkg.
This does not work without also patching buildscripts from SBo, as there
is almost always a "chown root ..."

Johannes