[Slackbuilds-users] Scribus-1.4.6: build fails not finding freetype.h

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Aug 5 16:27:25 UTC 2017

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, Sebastien BALLET wrote:

> I just built scribus 1.4.6 on a 14.1 vm without any issue.

Sebastien,

   Then it must be something here that I don't recognize.

> Can you try to build it again in verbose mode and post the output. To do
> that, you must pass "VERBOSE=1" to make, or run scribus.SlackBuild as
> below :
> $ VERBOSE=1 ./scribus.SlackBuild

   It still fails with the same error.

   What I notice in the output (scribus-build.txt.gz attached) is during
configuration scribus is not going to build with qt3, and that's noted as
being good. But, on line 49001 of the output file I see that the qt3 library
is to be included. Makes no sense to me; I've qt4 and qt5 installed, but not
qt3. And what these have to do with freetype.h may be irrelevant.

Thanks,

Rich