[Slackbuilds-users] Automating re-compilation of all packages

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Aug 20 17:32:22 UTC 2017

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017, Didier Spaier wrote:

> My guess is that your upgrade to 14.2 mentionned in this post:
> didn't completely succeed,

Didier,

   Actually, it did completely succeed. The hardcoded library in postfix was
fixed by rebuilding postfix (which hardcoded the updated libgui) and
reinstalling it.

   That's why I wondered if there was a tool to rebuild all installed SBo
packages automatically. But, as I'm learning by experience, not all packages
need rebuilding. LyX, for example, runs fine.

   I think that those packages that hardcode library versions (gdal is one
that's currently rebuilding) need to be re-done. Those that find, and use,
the currently installed library don't need attention.

Thanks,

Rich

P.S. That I'm reading and writing messages to the SBo mail list confirms
that rebuilding postfix using installed 14.2 packages is the solution.