[Slackbuilds-users] Can I submit a slackbuild that requires multilib?

Eric Pratt eric.b.pratt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 03:18:28 UTC 2017

I want to submit a slackbuild for a piece of software that requires
multilib to run.  I know multilib configurations aren't supported but this
package cannot be anything but multilib.  This is pre-built binaries
getting dumped into a package so attempting to build the package from a
slackbuild will not fail.  But those binaries are 64-bit and it does expect
32-bit libraries to be present to run.

>From the guidelines page, it seems like I can just mark the DOWNLOAD field
as unsupported and the DOWNLOAD_x86_64 field with the download URL.  And I
can't list multilib as a requirement in the REQUIRES field but can put it
in the README file.

Is there anything I'm missing to be able to do this?

Eric