[Slackbuilds-users] Can I submit a slackbuild that requires multilib?

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri Aug 25 05:05:54 UTC 2017

> I want to submit a slackbuild for a piece of software that requires
> multilib to run.  I know multilib configurations aren't supported but this
> package cannot be anything but multilib.  This is pre-built binaries
> getting dumped into a package so attempting to build the package from a
> slackbuild will not fail.  But those binaries are 64-bit and it does expect
> 32-bit libraries to be present to run.
>
> From the guidelines page, it seems like I can just mark the DOWNLOAD field
> as unsupported and the DOWNLOAD_x86_64 field with the download URL.  And I
> can't list multilib as a requirement in the REQUIRES field but can put it
> in the README file.
>
> Is there anything I'm missing to be able to do this?

Hi Eric

Thanks for asking before submitting.
Just to be clear, this is my personal opinion and it doesn't reflect
other admins.

I personally prefer to have the package working in one of the supported
architecture (x86 or x86_64), while multilib can be considered as
optional requirement and not the other way.

If you don't mind, can you tell us what's the package name?

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo