[Slackbuilds-users] Request: please add a build option to skip running tests for perl-http-server-simple SBo buildscript

evanton at tut.by evanton at tut.by
Wed Dec 20 01:13:36 UTC 2017

> I think the test is fine and the error is in OP's network config where localhost and 127.0.0.1 don't match.

OP's network config seems fine (this setting at least).

/etc/hosts contains only a '127.0.0.1 localhost' line. localhost resoves fine when I'm pinging it (as root, just because sbopkg runs as root too):

# ping localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.064 ms

The same for 'dig localhost', I'm always getting 127.0.0.1

The "exotic" part of my network setup is that I have two network cards: one gets its IP via DHCP from my ISP, the other has a local static IP. In the past, tests for this particular perl package resolved localhost to the static IP of the second interface. Now they resolve it to my Internet Address (the one I'm getting from my ISP). I am totally clueless about perl, so I have absolutely no idea what's going on there.

I have mentioned that I was commenting the tests in the SlackBuild just for context. I'm fine if for backwards compatibility the tests will stay enabled, but a build option like RUN_TESTS with default value "yes" will be added instead. I've no problem doing the little bit of additional work and toggling that option manually so I get this package to compile without passing tests just in my setup.