[Slackbuilds-users] Package versions

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Fri Jan 20 17:12:04 UTC 2017

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 18:42:29 +1300
Klaatu <klaatu at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> I was under the impression that SlackBuilds.org mimicked Slackware
> itself in update policy: release, and then it's primarily up to the
> user to adapt the build scripts if further maintenance is required.
> That's why they're build scripts, no?
>
> I understand that SlackBuilds.org needs to update, but the update
> policy should be, in part, the local user's job, not SBo's.

I'm not sure what "SlackBuilds.org needs to update" means. I guess
the website looks a little dated? At any rate, the policy has been,
and still is, that maintainers take care of their own scripts.

> If SlackBuilds.org is going to follow -current, then maybe there ought
> to be a separate git branch for -current? That way I can pull in new
> buildscripts without updating old buildscripts out from under me.

I don't know where this is coming from, admittedly I haven't read
everything in this thread, as some of it is quite lengthy, but there
are no plans to follow -current. We (SBo admins) have not talked about
doing so -at all- and it's safe to say we aren't entertaining the idea.

--
Erik