[Slackbuilds-users] Package versions

Harald Achitz harald.achitz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 07:21:12 UTC 2017

Hi,
help is difficult,
the SBo rules are clear,
If you sent an updated version of a package, you need the OK of the
maintainer.
If you contact a maintainer, and there is no response, what than?

This is a barrier, unnecessary.
Git stable & testing, branch.
pull requests to testing,
when some have reviewed && tested a package in testing, it goes to stable.
all this public.
you will see, this is much more productive and delivers better results.

I try to help, e.g. I would have submitted an update for Qt, but without
maintainer permission....

The bureaucracy of SBo was long, and still is, an impediment for me.
We should be aware of that.
It is more easy for me to contribute to any opensouce project on github (I
do this) than to SBo.
Why? is this adequate for 2017?

I do not want to criticize, I want to offer help, by questioning the
project structure and suggest alternatives, I think I do this.

/Harald