[Slackbuilds-users] Package versions

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 21 10:55:53 UTC 2017

> maybe it's me but I still can't understand also from this answer who's
> gonna do the QA...

If it's the maintainer, why would they respond to a pull request if
they don't respond to email?

If it's anybody, how do we (the community) know they have done enough
tests, follow upstream mailing lists looking for trouble reports, have
talked with other maintainers about dependencies, ...

If it's the SBo admins, the only testing we can do is building -- we
can't learn how to *use* 6000 packages.

If it's nobody ("if no problem reports") then we can automate the
build process ;-) but even if we had 6000 sets of unit tests it
wouldn't catch as many problems as an experienced human.

-D.
"Never ask a question unless you already know the answer" ;-)