[Slackbuilds-users] Package versions

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:10:11 UTC 2017

On 21/01/17 11:56, Harald Achitz wrote:
> ok, slowly, one more time
> 1) the one who is sending the pull request
> 2) the one who is applying the pull request
> 3) those who use the package in testing,
> 4) merging testing into stable at the time a package can be considered
> as tested, eg due to positive feedback on a issue tracer.
> more quality control, less work for a single person through more
> involvement of the community.
>
> and if you can not see why this is less work for a single person and
> more quality control, than sory, I can not explain, search projects that
> work like that, participate, learn, than make suggestions for improvement
> /Harald

Keep in mind that the particular SlackBuild is managed by the maintainer.
It is he who decides what happens with it.

You can't stop the maintainer from pushing the latest version as long as
the core Slackware dependencies does not need an update.

As I mentioned somewhere before, there is no more QA than just testing
if the particular version works. Nobody (almost?) looks at the code.

Surely, there are occasionally some problems.
There is room for improvement.
But I don't think they mandate the changes you think of.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski