[Slackbuilds-users] Package versions

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:32:35 UTC 2017

>> this is the first problem, as most of the times there aren't any pull
>> request but "hey, X has been updated to W.Y.Z, update it ASAP!"
>
> I know you have had some bad experiences with pull requsts into your
> unofficial -current repository.

actually I was talking about what every maintainer (me too) finds in
its email, written by people that usually don't spend one minute to
test such updates (and then the maintainer has to do it).
properly pull request are really a few.

> But if we listen to the idea behind Harald's suggestion, maybe we
> could have something on Gitlab for maintainers who opt-in, using
> protected branches with multiple maintainers for particular packages?

to say the truth I was thinking about it somithing like that too, but
I was thinking also that wouldn't be that different from what we have
now with the user/*/updates branches on the main repository: in this
new situation we will still accept updates only by maintainers, isn't
it?
Harald was talking about accepting updates from non-maintainers and
that, IMHO, won't give any guarantee (not to say that some maintainers
won't be too happy)...

> Just an idea -- we still don't really know what to do with Gitlab ;-)

well, trying won't hurt, we can always say later "ok, we were joking!" :D

Matteo